The Highlands offers a specialized program and care for those who have memory impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia. Our staff at The Governor King Community is specially trained to care for those residents with cognitive challenges, in a warm and caring manner. Our philosophy is to retain each resident’s dignity and well-being, in a safe and secure setting.
Our state-of-the-art memory care neighborhood provides the personal touch that makes the difference for individuals with Alzheimer’s or related dementia. The Governor King community is home to 21 residents, each in their own private apartment with private bath.
Our specially trained team provides expert care 24 hours a day, giving our residents the support and encouragement to express themselves, to feel safe, secure and loved. Activities are available when needed for richer, engaging days.
At the center of our memory care neighborhood is our creative dining program. Housed within our dining room is a deluxe country kitchen, featuring nutritious, flavorful menus by our talented executive chef. Our residents enjoy top-quality dining in a setting that feels like their favorite hometown restaurant.
One monthly rental fee includes:
• Private studio or one-bedroom apartment
• Licensed nurses and aides 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
• Personal care assistance including activities of daily living
• Medication supervision/administration
• Three meals daily served family style with snacks available throughout the day
• Hair salon (additional fee)
• Special activities and fitness program
• Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
• Housekeeping and maintenance
• Linen and laundry service
• All utilities except phone, cable and internet are included in monthly prices
Our innovative Village Program approach to memory care focuses on our residents’ life experiences and on establishing strong relationships within our community. Developed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s or related dementias, the Village Program offers personalized programming intended to engage our residents in activities that may reflect their former schedules, lifestyles and interests.
The Village Program features:
• A positive, individual approach designed to maintain skills, abilities and individuality
• Resident-driven days with one-on-one engaging activities for best success
• Life Skills, turning the familiar routine of everyday life into meaningful experiences
• Living and dining spaces designed to represent a residential setting and avoid excess stimulation
• Landmarks and sensory cues support choice and independence
• Specially trained, caring staff available 24/7
• Consistent staff assignments to promote familiarity and comfort for our residents
• Secure environment including private patio
• On-site therapy services available
© The Highlands 2015