Careers with The Highlands
Current job openings at The Highlands are listed below. To begin the application process, please complete the inquiry form and indicate which position(s) interest you, and a member of our team will contact you.
Full Time Maintenance Assistant
We are seeking a Maintenance Assistant, who enjoys the senior population, has a strong work ethic and is dependable. In return, we will provide a great work environment, benefits, and an opportunity to develop skills for future use.
Our buildings and grounds are the physical representation of our commitment to the health and happiness of our residents. The job of the Maintenance Assistant is to assure that the residents, families, and staff have no concerns regarding the safety and the upkeep of the building, equipment or the grounds. Responsible for the general maintenance operations for exterior and interior of the facility to include electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating and cooling, structural, grounds care and parking area. Renders quality maintenance services which meet resident needs and services and enhance safety.
This highly visible front-line position is responsible for the basic cleaning of all resident apartments, homes, and common spaces within the Highlands Community. Exceptional customer service standards must be followed to ensure maximum resident satisfaction is achieved. Attention to detail and ability to promote a positive image and collaborative working style with other team members required.
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of housekeeping procedures, products and safety, or willingness to learn.
- Must be detail oriented, have good organizational skills and be self-motivated.
- Able to answer the phone, pager and use other tools/equipment necessary to perform tasks.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate on work.
- Ability to perform tasks with pleasant and positive attitude, being always polite and patient with residents.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Clean, appropriate and professional appearance is expected.
- Must have a valid, clean Maine driver’s license, in order to travel between Estates homes.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to tolerate repetitive motions involving the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, neck and back to perform cleaning duties and laundry.
- Must possess a valid driver license to drive a vehicle on the property.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and background check, paid by the Company.