Careers with The Highlands
Current job openings at The Highlands are listed below. To begin the application process, please complete the inquiry form and indicate which position(s) interest you, and a member of our team will contact you.
The Highlands of Topsham is looking for a positive and dependable caregiver who has passion in caring for the needs of our Senior population. If you are compassionate and find working in this field rewarding, then consider joining the Highlands Family.
- Assist residents with transfers and ambulation, as needed.
- Assist residents with bathing, dressing, grooming, bed making and other activities of daily living according to the residents’ care plan or as directed by Charge Nurse/Resident Care Co./DAL.
- If CRMA, administer medications in conjunction with all policies and procedures as well as with all state and federal requirements.
- Mandatory overtime to cover short shifts and emergencies as needed
- Regular attendance at work
- Assist with Housekeeping
- If CRMA, CNA or PSS in the State of Maine, current certification and ability to maintain required hours of in-service education.
- Current CPR certification or willingness to become certified.
- Ability to understand, speak clearly, and both read and write English, proficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with residents, families and co-workers; ability to seek clarification when unsure how to proceed.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Good technical skills and abilities to use equipment such as phone, pager, call bells, computers, nursing equipment (glucose monitors, O2 Sat monitor, etc.), and any other tools/equipment necessary to perform tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 to $12.50 /hour
- Caregiving: 1 year
|The Highlands of Topsham is looking for a positive and dependable caregiver who has passion in caring for the needs of our Senior population. If you are compassionate and find working in this field rewarding, then consider joining the Highlands Family.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 to $15.50 /hour
Prep Cook/Line Cook
|The Highlands is a premier retirement community in Topsham Maine and is currently seeking a part-time or full-time Cook.
The cooking staff is expected to prepare food for residents, clean and sanitize work stations and follow all regulatory rules and regulations. The supervisor may assign other duties as needed.
Previous restaurant and/or senior living experience preferred. Menu planning experience is also a plus. Salary and hours are flexible and will depend on experience and availability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
Required work authorization:
Seeking a dynamic Sales Associate for The Highlands, a retirement community in Topsham, Maine. Candidate must be a highly motivated and energetic sales professional, master of sales and a true self-starter who is able to produce results.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for sell all products offerings at The Highlands including cooperate home purchase, independent living, assisted living and memory care rentals. Must have a proven track record of generating and closing qualified leads. Must be able to manage the sales process by understanding prospective residents’ needs and also educating them on the Highlands’ programs and services. Must be to coordinate and complete all activities related to sales including responding to inquiries, discovery, tours, and presentations, overcoming objections and closing sales. Have the ability to effectively manage all leads utilizing a CRM contact database for tracking results.
Candidates must have excellent computer skills, strong interpersonal communication skills and planning and time management skills. Candidate must also be organized and can manage a variety of sales tasks. Must be goal driven and able to close sales in a highly competitive environment. Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of 5 years sales experience preferably in senior living or real estate.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for a full benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a competitive salary with an aggressive commission structure.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission