Careers with The Highlands
Current job openings at The Highlands are listed below. To begin the application process, please complete the inquiry form and indicate which position(s) interest you, and a member of our team will contact you.
The Highlands of Topsham is looking for a positive and dependable caregiver who has passion in caring for the needs of our Senior population. If you are compassionate and find working in this field rewarding, then consider joining the Highlands Family.
- Assist residents with transfers and ambulation, as needed.
- Assist residents with bathing, dressing, grooming, bed making and other activities of daily living according to the residents’ care plan or as directed by Charge Nurse/Resident Care Co./DAL.
- If CRMA, administer medications in conjunction with all policies and procedures as well as with all state and federal requirements.
- Mandatory overtime to cover short shifts and emergencies as needed
- Regular attendance at work
- Assist with Housekeeping
- If CRMA, CNA or PSS in the State of Maine, current certification and ability to maintain required hours of in-service education.
- Current CPR certification or willingness to become certified.
- Ability to understand, speak clearly, and both read and write English, proficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with residents, families and co-workers; ability to seek clarification when unsure how to proceed.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Good technical skills and abilities to use equipment such as phone, pager, call bells, computers, nursing equipment (glucose monitors, O2 Sat monitor, etc.), and any other tools/equipment necessary to perform tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 to $12.50 /hour
- Caregiving: 1 year
Licensed Nurse 3-11PM
The Highlands is a premier retirement community located in Topsham, Maine. We are currently seeking a Licensed Nurse, from 3 pm to 11 pm, 3 nights per week. If you are looking to join an energetic team, have a commitment to providing the best quality care, please consider joining our team.
Summary of Duties
Licensed staff serves as the supervisor in charge for their shift. As the team leader on their shift, they coordinate resident care, designate tasks and assignments to RAs/MTs and monitor the overall functioning of the Wellness Department for the shift. They also are responsible for residence decisions in the absence of the Executive Director and Wellness Director. This position reports to the Wellness Director.
- Plans and delegates work assignments assuring effective shift coverage. Coordinates care on his/her shift.
- Participates in and supervises the delivery of personal care to residents.
- Implements the service plans and collects data regarding the health status of residents.
- Acts as team leader for the shift. Coaches and counsels RAs and MTs regarding care practices and standards. Follows proper disciplinary procedures if RAs/MTs are not following residence policies and procedures. Writes disciplinary reports per residence protocol.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to Wellness Director and takes appropriate action.
- Administers medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR).
- Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with company policy. Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to the end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel.
- Transcribes physician orders, reviews MAR’s for accuracy and notifies pharmacy of changes.
- Responds to emergencies in a prompt, calm manner.
Job Type: Part-time
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
|The Highlands of Topsham is looking for a positive and dependable caregiver who has passion in caring for the needs of our Senior population. If you are compassionate and find working in this field rewarding, then consider joining the Highlands Family.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 to $15.50 /hour
|The Highlands is a premier retirement community in Topsham Maine and is currently seeking a full time Server.
The primary responsibility of the wait staff is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. Other responsibilities include seating customers, presenting them with menus, and answering questions regarding food preparation. When food preparation is complete, the wait staff serves the food to the customer. The wait staff is expected to clean and sanitize work stations and follow all of the regulatory rules and regulations. Supervisor may assign other duties as needed.
Job Type: Full-time