Independent Living Apartments
The Highlands lifestyle centers on a carefree lifestyle with choices to fit personal preferences. Seniors living independently who desire the convenience of apartment living have the option of cooperative ownership or monthly rental independent living apartments.
“I love living in the Maine Lodge. It is the hub of The Highlands — most of the programs and special events are held here. Something is always going on, and someone is always around to have a cup of coffee with and a chat.” ~ Jane M.
Monthly Rental Independent Living Apartments
The Maine Lodge Monthly Rental Apartments
The Maine Lodge at The Highlands offers spacious one and two-bedroom monthly rental apartments with no purchase or entrance fee. Residents of The Maine Lodge live independently, without the burdens of housekeeping and maintenance.
These services and amenities are included in the monthly rental fee:
- Daily continental breakfast
- Chef-prepared evening dinner
- Maintenance, grounds keeping, and snow removal
- Bi-weekly housekeeping services
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Trash removal
- Smoke, fire, low-temperature sensors
- Annual scheduled inspections for security, fire, and sprinkler
- Property insurance
- Water and sewer
- 24-hour staff and emergency response
- Access to all Maine Lodge common areas and amenities, including indoor heated pool, fitness programs, restaurant-style dining, hair salon, library, life enrichment opportunities and scheduled transportation.
The Highlands is the only community in Mid Coast Maine to have a partnership with Elderlife Financial Services. The Elderlife Bridge Loan is engineered to be fast and easy, with same day approval and funding. The bridge loan helps you or your loved one move in today while waiting for other funds to become available later.
Maine Lodge – One Bedroom Deluxe
Maine Lodge – Two Bedroom
Maine Lodge – Two Bedroom Deluxe