The Highlands boasts 75 acres of nature trails and wooded surroundings in Midcoast Maine, offering endless opportunities for the best in retirement living!
This senior living community promotes an atmosphere of neighborly values shared by its residents who enjoy endless possibilities to maintain wellness, social connections and independence. The Highlands has continued to deliver peace of mind and a lifestyle of excellence to its residents for over 20 years.
Residents have access to a multitude of wellness programs, including:
- Aqua fitness classes in the indoor heated swimming pool
- Tai Chi classes
- Ping pong
- Bridge games
- Book discussion groups
- Golf at Highland Green Golf Club, and practice at The Highlands putting green!
- Nature trails throughout the 75 naturally wooded acres; perfect for a spring, summer or fall walk, and snow-shoeing in the winter.
- Exercise and strengthening classes and one-on-one personal training sessions for all levels taught by our fitness coordinator.
Residents at The Highlands also enjoy conveniences and extras such as:
On site banking - The Financial Office is open weekly for residents who appreciate personal banking with an associate of Bath Savings Institution, a full-service local community bank. An ATM is also available in the Maine Lodge for 24 hour banking access.
Insurance Advisor - Experienced insurance advisors are on-site and available by appointment.
Local Shopping - Concierge transportation service provides easy access to Topsham Fair Mall, Cook's Corner shopping venues, Maine Street in Brunswick, downtown Bath, and the Maine Mall in South Portland.
Opportunities for special ongoing activities including:
- Art Shows & Receptions
- Portland Symphony Orchestra
- Portland Stage Company
- Audubon Meetings
- Maine State Music Theatre performances
- Civil War Roundtable
- Special resident and guest parties